new release of MLton

Stephen Weeks sweeks@intertrust.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

> Is the new release the same as the one I released?
> I see that the release date is the same (but
> I also realized that this is excactly one year
> after the previous release).

No.  Although we coincidentally picked the same release date, we have
not yet incorporated the changes needed to compile for Win32 from your
release.  For those on the list who are wondering, ANOQ modified the
previous version of MLton (1999-7-12) to crosscompile to Win32.  His
stuff is at http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com/Freeware/MLTonWin32.html.

Our release does include all of the bug fixes mentioned on your page
(and others) but does not include your Win32 mods or SDL library
FFI.   Maybe the next version ...  In any case, I would guess that
making similar changes to mlton-20000712 wouldn't be too hard.