[MLton-user] Which MinGW version is recommended?

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:05:09 +0300

Brent Fulgham wrote:
> ... gives me the valid constants.
>
> That makes me scared that a more sinister bug is preventing system-level calls from working.
>
> Any ideas?

It's only an idea:

The constants file is a very critical point in cross-compilation
(if that's what you are doing?). Basically you want the correct compiler to
compile for the correct platform and then to execute that file on the correct
platform. I think there are actually 2 steps where the constantsfiles are
generated (IIRC?). At one of the steps the
constants file must be cross-compiled to the target platform with
the cross-compiler and executed on the _target_ platform (unless they
made some workarounds for this with clever include files from the
target-platforms?).

I don't remember all the details of this - but I've been there and
I didn't get through last time. But in the mean time I believe
the MLton team have made it more streamlined as far as I know, so
it might even work differently now.

These are the only hints I have now. I guess the MLton team is more
qualified for helping with this :)

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com