[MLton-user] CeXL: Feedback for Langauge Specification?

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:25:34 +0200

Hello!

I'm posting this because I hope to get some
feedback for the programming language
specification I have developed :-)

The language is called CeXL and is mostly a subset of
Standard ML '97 with certain features added. The new features
relate especially to polymorphic extensible records and
optional record fields. It is completely staticly typed
and I believe it keeps the original "spirit" of ML.

You can find the CeXL language specification here:
http://www.cex3d.net/cexl/definition/

This is not a trivial document! And it's currently 117 pages.
You will definately have to be fluent in programming language
semantics to be able to understand the interesting parts.
There is also a gentle introduction of use of the language
if you want to get an intutitive feel of the language
before delving into the hard semantics.

The project is to be handed in at 19th of December at
the University of Copenhagen as my bachelor's thesis
so if you can give feedback before 18th of December
it will definately be very useful to me! :)

Sorry that I'm so late in getting it out - but there
were many details to adjust :)

You are most welcome to pass on this e-mail to anyone
who might be interested!

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com