[MLton-user] ffi pointer lifetime

Vesa A Norrman MLton-user@mlton.org
Fri, 9 May 2003 18:55:15 +0300 (EET DST)

Hello again, I'm writing a mixed language program. In the program there
are values of type Word32.word. They are pointers to data structures in
C-side which I allocated using malloc and other methods. Is it possible to
instruct mlton call the destroy operation of a data structure when it
collects the words out of the memory? That way, I wouldn't need to
calculate the lifetime of each part of allocated memory like I normally do in
C-programs. Vesa
--
                                    /`---*\
                                   = ^ o ^ =