[MLton-user] MinGW Cross-compile

Pete Chown 1@234.cx
Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:59:59 +0000

Stephen Weeks wrote:

> I do remember problems with some combinations of gcc and the libraries
> where gcc didn't know to look in include/w32api/ to find windows.h.
> Maybe Pete's configure args fix this, or maybe newer gcc's know to
> look there.

The arguments I gave should do it.  Gcc doesn't know that it should look
in w32api or anywhere else.

Gcc likes to run fixincludes on vendor supplied headers, to get rid of
non-ANSI constructs.  Those arguments to configure tell gcc to take
vendor headers from the specified directory.  The gcc build process then
runs fixincludes on them, and squirrels them away where the installed
gcc will find them.

--
Pete