[MLton-user] opaque types and ffi

Tom 7 twm@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:40:08 -0500 (EST)

Oh, great! I never noticed it...

Taking the idea a bit further, perhaps it would be nice to have the type
be 'a pointer, with FFI allowed for any 'a. This would allow the
programmer to create any number of distinct pointer types with "phantom"
arguments (if I recall correctly this idiom is used all over in mlton
itself). This might be a way to do what Vesa wants.

 - Tom

[ NEW! : http://tom7.org/       ]
[ OLD! : http://fonts.tom7.com/ ]