[MLton-user] compiler crash

andrew cooke andrew@acooke.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:23:07 -0400 (CLT)

hi,

just got an error message that's 37000 lines long and appears to show some
kind of intermediate code representation, followed by an "unhandled
exception: TypeError" message.

the source and error are available at http://www.acooke.org/mlton-error.tgz

the error message is in the file error.txt and you can see it yourself by
running "mlton LexerTest.cm".

MLton 20040227 (built Fri Feb 27 20:03:01 2004 on cygwin)

email me for other tests (i can run with verbose etc, but didn't want to
post large files direct to the mailing list).  when i find out the problem
in my code i'll give you a diff - it's related to the commenterr
combinator (compiled fine before i introduced that!).

(it's just pretty normal - from what i know of these things - parser
combinator code, implementing a lexer.  polite suggestions on improving
the code also appreciated ;o).

happy friday afternoon! ;o>
andrew

--