[MLton-user] SML IDE/editor

Adam Chlipala adam@hcoop.net
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:21:26 -0500

Alexandre wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2004, at 20:01, Matthew Fluet wrote:
>> I'm not entirely sure that
>> MLton's whole program approach to compilation fits well with the Eclipse
>> builder model, but that shouldn't inhibit better editor support.
>
> Why not? I mean - why Eclipse will not suite for SML?

The issue isn't with SML, but rather with how MLton compiles SML code.
MLton processes all source files at once instead of doing any kind of
incremental handling.  I don't know much about Eclipse, but I'm guessing
from Matthew's comment that Eclipse might work best when you can handle
different source units separately.