[MLton-user] Seattle ML SIG

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery@indiegamedesign.com
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:26:07 -0700

On Monday, June 14 we had a meeting of the (first ever?) Seattle OCaml
Special Interest Group. It was 3 people, the beer was good, and the
discussion was lively. I now want to broaden the mission statement to
include all ML'ers. I think we might get a few more people that way.

We agreed that The Stumbling Monk, a Belgian pub in Capitol Hill, was a
good venue for beer. We also thought that meetings at roughly 3 week
intervals is the right pace. Yes that's a funny number to remember, but
2 weeks is too quick and once a month is too slow. So we think. Anyways,
I would like to organize the next meeting for the WEEK OF JULY 5TH, at
The Monk again. Day and time to be decided.

Please e-mail me if interested.

Tenor: intelligent, civilized, fun. It went very well last time. I don't
know enough about various MLs to care about politics. I am a rank
amateur, but happy to bring knowledgeable people together for beer. And,
I did buy a pitcher and chips last time, aren't business expenses
wonderful?

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur