[MLton-user] Exception history

andrew cooke andrew@acooke.org
Sun, 2 May 2004 18:28:32 -0400 (CLT)

Hi,

I think I'm missing something obvious.  I've enabled exception history
with -exn-history true while compiling, but am only seeing one level in
the history (the lowest, which is not a top-level function).  How do I get
a full stack trace?

This happens whether I let the runtime system print the history, or if I
print it myself with, for example:
main ()
handle e => ignore (map print (MLton.Exn.history e));

Which gives (just):
StringListDot.sml 11.27
which is certainly where the exception is raised, but doesn't include, for
example, main() itself.

The compiler was built from a recent CVS (should it print the version
below?), but I'm pretty sure I saw the same behaviour earlier with the
current release.
MLton MLTONVERSION (built Sun Apr 18 15:01:26 2004 on Prat)

Thanks,
Andrew

--
` __ _ __ ___  ___| |_____   work web site: http://www.ctio.noao.edu/~andrew