[MLton-user] effectively tracking MLton error locations with emacs

Ian Zimmerman itz@buug.org
03 Nov 2004 07:17:08 -0800

Raymond> Consider forking from the standard SML mode for emacs towards a
Raymond> MLton specific version maintained as part of the standard
Raymond> release for MLton.  JDE, Bigloo's BDE are nice examples of
Raymond> where it can go.

First, please consider using my mode instead of "standard SML mode".  I
believe it is superior (even though it doesn't have, by design, syntax
sensitive indentation).  Look at

http://primate.net/~itz/simple-haskell.tar

(sorry for the confusing name).

Second, a large part of both the "standard" mode and mine deals with and
uses an interactive toplevel, which MLton doesn't have (yet:).  So I am
not sure how useful either is right now.

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)