[MLton-user] make errors when building mlton-20041109

Allyn Dimock dimock@cs.uml.edu
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:33:18 -0500

Stephen Weeks writes:
 > I don't know about the Latex errors, but in the interim you can make
 > without the documentation using 'make all-no-docs'.

One thing to try in the makefile is to check if hugelatex exists on
and use it rather than latex if found.

The problem is that tex / latex have some size limits on internal
data structures compiled in.  Many sites build a second version,
generally called hugelatex with larger limits.  Instructions for
building a hugelatex can be found at
http://sysadmin.cs.caltech.edu/docs/help/software/hugetex
There are also rpms for installing something called hugelatex -- I
have not used these.

I have had some success with using parameters on the command line:
This was from my .cshrc file where it was needed for some paper a few
years ago:
alias latex 'setenv stack_size 680; setenv extra_mem_top 100000; setenv extra_mem_bot 100000; setenv hash_extra 20000; /usr/local/bin/latex'

I don't recall ever finding official documentation for all relevant
variables online.

I hope this is of some use...

-- Allyn