[MLton-user] Getting MLton working under cygwin

Brian Donovan bdonovan@gmail.com
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:50:57 +0800

Hello,

I've downloaded the cygwin package
(<mlton-20051202-1.i386-cygwin.tgz>), extracted the archive, and tried
pasting the contents of the various folders into the corresponding
folders under the usr directory of my cygwin install (in C:\cygwin).
Opening a command prompt and typing mlton gets me an error msg[1].

I'm not very Unix-wise or adept at using cygwin past using the tools themselves.

Can anyone whose using / who has used MLton under cygwin give me some pointers?

I've added a section header to the Installation page on the MLton wiki
for "Installing MLton under Cygwin on Windows" in the hopes that
someone can flesh it out.

Thanks,
Brian Donovan

[1] Here goes:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>mlton
'mlton' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>