[MLton-user] StreamIOExtra.anon.first.doit

Scott Cruzen sic@lerp.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:42:48 -0800

I'd like to clarify that the test program is supposed to be a simple
program that demonstrates the problem, but after running it for a while,
it stops growing.

In the "real" program, it grows to over 100MB when there's nothing
written to the files it's watching. I think I've also solved my problem,
because I'm keeping the stream around, then reading many EOF's which
causes it to grow, but I still have the original stream in a list.

So in summary, if reading EOF didn't allocate anything, my program would
be fixed, but I think can fix it without any changes to the Basis
implementation by updating my list.

Later,
Scott