[MLton-user] experimental release 20051109

Stephen Weeks sweeks@sweeks.com
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:56:22 -0800

John sent me the log and C code, and we discovered that his
MLton-generated C code is identical to mine.  The difference we're
seeing is due to the fact that John is using gcc 4.0.1, while I am
using gcc 3.3.  At this point, I suspect we are running into a gcc
4.0.1 optimizer bug, or possibly a problem due to MLton generating
non-compliant C.  As further evidence, I had John compile the C code
with -O0, and it worked perfectly.

If anyone has any ideas how to narrow down things further, we'd love
to hear them.  I've uploaded John's SML source and the generated C
code to

  http://mlton.org/pages/TemporaryUpload/attachments/prt.tgz