[MLton-user] The -runtime command line switch

Joe Hurd Joe Hurd <joe.hurd@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:24:47 +0100

I'm a little confused about the -runtime command line switch. I wanted
to create MLton executables that used a little less memory when run on
a 4Gb machine, so should I type

mlton -runtime ram-slop -runtime 0.4 -runtime -- t.sml

or is the following sufficient?

mlton -runtime ram-slop -runtime 0.4 t.sml

Also, I was intrigued by the -runtime stop option, but didn't know how
to use it.

I looked through the documentation but couldn't find the answers to
these questions: simply adding a couple of examples in the
"compile-time options" section of the user guide would help a lot.

Joe