[MLton-user] experimental x86-darwin packages

Joe Hurd joe.hurd at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 09:54:39 PST 2006

I'm afraid I failed to install this experimental version of MLton on
my MacBook Pro.

I downloaded the tar file and unpacked it into a subdirectory of my
home directory, used fink commander to install gmp, changed the lib
variable in bin/mlton, but this is what happens when I try running
mlton:

edoras:~/local/mlton-20061030/usr/local/bin$ ./mlton
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgmp.3.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Users/joe/local/mlton-20061030/usr/local/lib/mlton/mlton-compile
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap
edoras:~/local/mlton-20061030/usr/local/bin$

How can I tell it the relevant library lives in /sw/lib? It looks like
this should be done automatically by the new darwinLinkOpts variable
in mlton, but even if I tell it explicitly with a -link-opts -L/sw/lib
it produces the same output.

Joe