[MLton-user] Calling into SML from C

Zach Anderson zra at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 11 20:28:44 PDT 2007

Is there an easy way to call into SML code from a program with a C
main()? OCaml has a call in its runtime library to get the runtime up
and going from inside a C program. Maybe there's something like that for
MLton, and I just haven't found it, yet?

What I'd like is something like is described in 18.8 of
http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html.

In other words, I'd like to get a library from MLton that I can link
into my C program. I will happily call whatever initialization routines,
and link in whatever other libraries I need to, but I don't know what
those might be, or even if this is possible.

Thanks,
Zach