[MLton-user] MLton on Mac OS X 10.5

Alan Mock docmach at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 01:19:10 PST 2007

Hello,
I have been trying to build MLton on Mac OS X 10.5 without success.
The version of MLton I compiled for 10.4 works fine, but whenever I
try to compile under 10.5 I get

ld: duplicate symbol ___gmpz_abs in util.o and /var/folders/iF/iFb-
LQvNEVex0X5CVvgtsU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccL90sh1.o
in the runtime directory.

I searched for this error and I found
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/c8676d7ac1950daa
which is the same error for a different program, but I don't see how
to fix this with MLton.  I am using the latest svn version of the
MLton sources and the Apple supplied gcc (gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple
Inc. build 5465)) on an Intel Mac.   What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Alan Mock