[MLton-user] timing anomoly

Sean McLaughlin seanmcl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:27:35 PST 2007

Hi,

  Using -inline 1000 worked for the test example, but in the context of a large
program it is now taking a very long time to compile.  I killed the
process after
30 minutes.  Is there a way to get the fast behavior (%10 faster than GCC -O2)
without such compilation time increases?  I know the comparison is not
really relevant, but
GCC manages to generate the fast code in a few seconds, even in a program
of the same order of magnitude of my SML program.

Best,

Sean