[MLton-user] Slow GCC

Tom 7 twm at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 18 06:41:41 PST 2007

I've had this same problem on cygwin for a long time. I always use the
@MLton max-heap 200m -- argument to mlton in order to bound the amount of
memory that mlton uses, otherwise it completely hoses my 512mb machine
even compiling the empty program. We also had a similar problem with our
mlton-compiled cygwin version of Concert. Maybe on cygwin it's better to
use the Windows-specific spawn function to invoke gcc like I assume the
mingw port does? That one runs fine without any special options.

  - Tom