[MLton-user] IEEEReal rounding not working

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Thu Jul 26 13:57:55 PDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Henry Cejtin wrote:
> I'm surprised that you say that you think that operations of Real<N> should
> be considered pure.  What's the argument for that view?

My question is whether the comparison operators are pure; it seems clear
that all of the arithmetic and trancendental operations depend on the
rounding mode.  And, I guess the comparison operators are pure; the values
have already been computed (at whatever rounding mode), and the comparison
can't change that.