[MLton-user] Re: [MLton] windows version

Vesa Karvonen vesa.a.j.k at gmail.com
Wed May 30 01:05:37 PDT 2007

On 5/30/07, Edward Molnar <goaks at frontiernet.net> wrote:
> [...] I just need to figure out how to access Mlton from my
> EMACS. I need to know how to configure .emacs to run mlton
> from from the cygwin enviornment.
[...]

Some Emacs integration stuff for MLton can found from the page
http://mlton.org/Emacs .  Note that MLton is a whole-program,
optimizing compiler and doesn't provide an interactive mode or a REPL
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REPL).  If you want to write SML code
interactively, you could use one of several other SML implementations
that provides a REPL (at least SML/NJ, Poly/ML, Moscow ML, and HaMLet)
and then compile release executables with MLton.  For a list of SML
implementation see: http://mlton.org/StandardMLImplementations .

-Vesa Karvonen