[MLton-user] Unsafe mode? Incantation to disablle array bounds checks.

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Wed Nov 7 19:30:40 PST 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Matthew Fluet:
>
>> The "search" box on the mlton.org website does a google search, but
>> limits it to the mlton.org domain, which includes all the mailing list
>> archives. That can be useful.
>
> For some bizarre reason, Google does not index the Wiki pages.  Perhaps
> due to this line in most of the generated HTML:

> "nofollow" neans that the spider does not traverse the whole site.

>From what I can make out from the MoinMoin docs, the reason for defaulting
to "nofollow" on most normal pages is to reduce the machine load and
bandwith due to spiders.  However, the "TitleIndex" page is rigged to have
"follow", allowing search engines to explore the wiki from the
"TitleIndex" page exclusively.

However, because we produce documentation from the wiki, we've been using
an "Index" page (with the [[TitleIndex]] macro), rather than a
"TitleIndex" page.  So, that means that no page got a "follow", and so
Google only sees the pages directly linked from the front page.

I created a "TitleIndex" page (with the [[TitleIndex]] macro), and changed
the "Index" link in the "Home Index LocalSiteMap" banner to go to the
"TitleIndex" page.  So, it is now linked from the front page and Google
will start to see the rest of the pages.