[MLton-user] libgmp issues in cygwin

Dave Herman dherman at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Nov 21 21:33:20 PST 2007

In the past, Vesa gave me a hand with my libgmp issues in MinGW:

     http://mlton.org/pipermail/mlton-user/2007-October/001225.html

Now I'm having the same problem in Cygwin. Strangely, on one of my
machines I seem to have successfully installed the exact same version of
MLton (20070826). But for some reason, on my laptop no installation of
libgmp I can come up with succeeds. I've tried two different standard
Cygwin versions (4.1 and 4.2), custom-built static- and dynamic-linked
versions from the libgmp home page built on my machine, and pre-built
versions from

     http://cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/

No matter what I try, I always get the same linker error (the same one I
reported for MinGW at the link above).

Has anyone run into this in Cygwin? Is there a standard solution for this?

Thanks as always,

Dave