[MLton-user] Fwd: Plans for pickling in MLton?

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Fri Oct 12 20:35:39 PDT 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Matthew Fluet wrote:
> [...]

Perhaps not as easy as you think.  Because of MLton's whole-program
defunctionalization, the natural serialization of a closure doesn't
include any code.  Hence, the closure could only be deserialized in
another instance of the same program that created the closure; i.e., you
can't send code from one program to another program in any meaningful way.