[MLton-user] Unsafe mode? Incantation to disablle array bounds checks.

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 19:11:45 PST 2007

Thanks!

> -const 'MLton.safe false'
>
> And, to anticipate the next question:
>
> -const 'MLton.detectOverflow false'
>
> to disable overflow checking.

Ah, but that answer leads me to one more question ;).

Overflows are certainly the exceptions that I run into the most.  I
use -const 'Exn.keepHistory true' to get a stack trace when the
exception occurs.  Unfortunately, since this is generated code we're
dealing with, just knowing what "function" the exception came from
doesn't help that much -- it's generally a fairly large block of
code.  Is there some more expensive debug mode to go into that would
track source information at a finer granularity?

Again, I seem to be particularly bad at googling when it comes to
things MLton.  I've googled for everything I can think of with
"mlton" and "debugging" but I never seem to find this stuff.

-Ryan