[MLton-user] MLton 20070826 for FreeBSD

Matthew Fluet fluet at tti-c.org
Wed Sep 5 18:59:21 PDT 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, brainpo at gmail.com wrote:
> On 9/5/07, Matthew Fluet <fluet at tti-c.org> wrote:
>> The post can be found here:
>>    http://mlton.org/pipermail/mlton/2007-June/029848.html
>
> Excellent; I will likely just take this route.  I should probably
> subscribe to that list as well; I am interesting in porting MLton to
> Solaris/x86 and Solaris/amd64 as well, though it likely will not be
> very soon (I know that my compilers professor reads this list, so I
> should at least pretend that I am getting work done).  Thanks, folks!

should subscribe if you are interested in porting MLton to new platforms.
Ville took a quick attempt at amd64-solaris:
   http://mlton.org/pipermail/mlton/2007-August/029963.html

BTW, I should mention that there should be little or no difficulty with
MLton on amd64-* platforms where we have had success porting MLton to its
x86-* variant.  E.g., I expect amd64-openbsd to work, since x86-openbsd
has worked; the difficult part is what is documented in the mail above:
getting the initial binary built on the amd64 platform.  As it stands,
amd64-linux and amd64-freebsd were the only platforms that we actually had
developers able to build and test, so we we couldn't in good conscience
list the other amd64-*bsd platforms in the release notes.