[MLton-user] Call for Participation: 2007 Workshop on ML

Claudio Russo crusso at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 6 05:46:13 PDT 2007

Below is the preliminary program for the 2007 Workshop on ML, which is co-located with ICFP 2007 and will take place on Friday, October 5.
The early registration deadline is this Friday, September 7!

We are pleased to have Didier Rémy as our invited speaker.  In addition, we are planning to conclude the workshop with a "5-Minute Madness" session, in which attendees can give brief impromptu talks on ML-related topics.  The proposed theme for this year's madness session is "Design Ideas for Next-Generation ML", but talks on other topics are welcome as well.

If you are interested in giving a 5-Minute Madness talk, please send mail (with a brief mention of what you would like to talk about) to the program chair at dreyer at tti-c.org.  I hope to see you at the workshop!

Claudio Russo
on behalf of
Derek Dreyer

------------------

ML 2007 Website: http://research.microsoft.com/~crusso/ml2007/

Registration Website:
http://proglang.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/ICFP2007/registration.shtml

Preliminary Program:

8:50-9:00
    Welcome/Opening remarks
    Derek Dreyer, Program Chair

9:00-10:00
    Invited talk: MLF for Everyone (Users, Implementers, and Designers)
    Didier Rémy

10:00-10:30
    Coffee Break

10:30-12:30
    Efficient ML Type Inference Using Ranked Type Variables
    George Kuan and David MacQueen

    Status Report: The Manticore Project
    Matthew Fluet, Nic Ford, Mike Rainey, John Reppy, Adam Shaw and Yingqi Xiao

    Status Report: HOT Pickles, and How to Serve Them
    Andreas Rossberg, Guido Tack and Leif Kornstaedt

    A Persistent Union-Find Data Structure
    Sylvain Conchon and Jean-Christophe Filliatre

12:30-14:00
    Lunch Break

14:00-15:30
    Status Report: Specifying JavaScript with ML
    David Herman and Cormac Flanagan

    Status Report: Layered Streaming XML Processing with Modules
    Tyng-Ruey Chuang and Max Schaefer

    Status Report: Marionnet -- How to Implement a Virtual Network Laboratory in Six Months and Be Happy
    Jean-Vincent Loddo and Luca Saiu

15:30-16:00
    Coffee Break

16:00-17:00
    Generics for the Working ML'er
    Vesa Karvonen

    Practical Generic Programming in OCaml
    Jeremy Yallop

17:00-18:00
    5-Minute Madness: Design Ideas for Next-Generation ML