[MLton-user] SML_LIB from a CM file

Sean McLaughlin seanmcl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:43:42 PDT 2007

Hello,

  Is there a way to reference the MLton SML base directory from
a CM file?  Now I have:

Group is

#if (defined(SMLNJ_VERSION))
 $/basis.cm
#else
  /usr/local/mlton/lib/smlnj-lib/smlnj-lib/Util/lib-base-sig.sml
  /usr/local/mlton/lib/smlnj-lib/smlnj-lib/Util/lib-base.sml
  /usr/local/mlton/lib/smlnj-lib/smlnj-lib/Util/random-sig.sml
  /usr/local/mlton/lib/smlnj-lib/smlnj-lib/Util/random.sml
#endif

But it just broke when I moved MLton.  I tried a bunch of variations
of $(VAR), but nothing seemed to work.

The MLBasis systems seems more understandable than CM, but I still rely on
the
NJ top level for experimentation, so I'd like to just have one
compilation file if possible.

Thanks,

Sean