[MLton-user] Parallel compilation?

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:58:17 PDT 2007

I haven't personally come across any multi-threaded compilers that
parallelize at the granularity of the abstract syntax tree itself
(not at a module or file granularity).

For whole-program compilers, in the age of the multi-core menace,
this seems relevant.  I myself work on a whole program compiler that
uses MLton as one of its backends, and have been trying to
effectively parallelize it.  I'd be happy to share more about what
I'm trying to do.  But first I wanted to ask if anyone had any
pointers to work on multithreading compilers, or if any of the MLton
developers have considered it.

Thanks,
-Ryan