[MLton-user] Re: mltonlib: misc-util's prettier vs. the other prettier

Vesa Karvonen vesa.a.j.k at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 05:25:09 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Ville Laurikari <ville at laurikari.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  there's a Prettier structure exported by both the misc-util and
>  prettier libraries.  The two versions of Prettier have different
>  signatures and are not compatible.
>
>  I assume that the misc-utils version can be considered deprecated.

Yes.

>  Could it just be removed?

Yes it could.  Feel free to do so.  The reason why I haven't removed
it is that I know that there is code out there that uses it and that I
cannot compile easily at the moment.  For example, the Windows library
(see com/ssh/windows/unstable/lib.mlb) uses the misc-util library
currently (and the Prettier module from misc-util).  Most (but not
all) of the stuff in the misc-util library has already been moved to
other libraries.  If you remove the Prettier module from misc-util,
also feel free to remove other modules whose functionality has been
exported from some other library.

-Vesa Karvonen