[MLton-user] Re: MLton misbehaving?

Johan Grönqvist johan.gronqvist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 22:55:47 PDT 2008

ons 2008-04-30 klockan 13:06 -0500 skrev Matthew Fluet:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Johan Grönqvist wrote:

> As Vesa noted, x86 floating-point computation rounding is
> affected by the generated code [...].
> Thus, it is not surprising that you get different floating-point results[..].
>
> Is the Bug exception raised in response to floating-point calculations?

Yes!

I have now found that with '-ieee-fp true' the result of some floating point calculations is nan, and
at that point I do indeed raise the Bug exception because of the floating point results. I assume then
that a similar situation may be the reason for my previous problems as well.

Thanks to both of you for your helpful answers.

I will now go on trying to find out why the nan appears.

/ johan