[MLton-user] OP longvid not accepted

Vesa Karvonen vesa.a.j.k at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 09:45:44 PST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 6:01 PM, Florian Weimer <fweimer at bfk.de> wrote:
> I suppose the following program is valid according to the definition
> (MLkit accepts it):
>
> val foo = op String.<

Yes, this would seem to be valid according to the grammar on page 10,
which includes

  atexp ::= <op> longvid

> However, MLton requires that "op" is always followed by a plain VId,
> not a longVId.

That would seem to be the case.  Also, the same would seem to apply to patterns.

> Is it sufficient to make the obvious changes in the grammar?

I think so.  I made the changes that I thought were obvious and
committed them.  The bug would seem to be fixed now.

-Vesa Karvonen