[MLton-user] Strange type problem in OS.Process

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Fri Nov 7 10:41:42 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Dan DuVarney
<duvarney at reactive-systems.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use the MinGW / SVN r6941 version of MLton.
> I installed it using the .msi installer and created a version of msys which
> uses the same binaries and libraries provided by the .msi file.

I wouldn't advise replacing the binaries and libraries the msi
installed unless you have a good reason.

> Hello world compiles and runs fine. However, MLton insists that type
> OS.Process.status is not an equality type, which causes many programs
> to fail to compile.

http://mlton.org/basis/os-process.html lists it as 'type status', not
an equality 'eqtype'. So I'd say this is a bug in your program, not
MLton. Perhaps you want to use Posix.Process.fromStatus ?