[MLton-user] installation problem on cygwin (missing gmp functions)

Mark Piffer mark.piffer at chello.at
Mon Apr 6 08:59:53 PDT 2009

Hello,
as a complete beginner to SML and MLTON, I am having problems when
installing the binary package
on cygwin. The gc.o module is expecting some gmp functions with a
"__imp__" prefix where my downloaded
gmp package builds them without this prefix. Examples are __gmpz_cmp and
others (but all from the gmpz subtree
seemingly). Is there a rationale behind this "__imp__" or can I simply
rename the functions to meet the
naming convention? I can't make too much sense from the way gmp creates
the names for these functions, it looks
like it just renames them per define and there is no variable part in
the defines, i.e. I don't see a way how
the functions could ever receive this or any other prefix.

regards,
Mark