[MLton-user] gcc memory exhaustion

Dan DuVarney duvarney at reactive-systems.com
Sat Apr 18 08:15:21 PDT 2009

Hello:

I'm attempting to use SVN r7016 MLton/MinGW to compile a large program
with time-profiling enabled. MLton generates a 235MB .c source file
which gcc (3.4.5) chokes on (i.e., runs out ofmemory). I've saved the
source files and tried compiling the MLton-generated code without any
optimizations enabled, but haven't been able to successfully compile.
I'm using a Windows/XP machine with 3GB memory.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to successfully compile this
program?  Perhaps something similar to the -coalesce option (which
appears to have been removed -- please let me know if that is not the
case) which will produce multiple smaller source files in place of this
one large file?

Thanks,

Dan

--
Dan DuVarney
Reactive Systems, Inc.           +1 (919) 324-3507 ext. 103