[MLton-user] Snow Leopard

Thant Tessman thant at tessman.com
Thu Dec 24 10:54:28 PST 2009

I'm running Mac OS 10.6.2. I've installed gmp via macports.

I'm attempting to use:

mlton-20090624-1.r7195.x86-darwin.gmp-macports.tgz

 I try to compile something that compiles fine on my linux system and I get:

mlyacc path.grm
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libgmp.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/mlyacc
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/opt/local/lib/libgmp.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
make: *** [path.grm.sig] Trace/BPT trap

I know I can use the statically-linked version, but my impression is that I need to get this working anyway for the executables produced.

Thanks for any advice.

I want to test the latest experimental build because the official release build produces an error deep in some header. (This was on a machine I don't have access to at the moment. I will provide the info if I get past this issue and reproduce it.)

-thant