Fwd: [MLton-user] unicode yet?

Sean McLaughlin seanmcl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 07:04:22 PDT 2009

Hi Adam,

  I'm looking for, in decreasing priority

  1) unicode in strings

     val x = "ρ"

     does not compile in MLton.  I see there's a WideString type, but
     I can't get MLton to accept "..." syntax for any Wide* structure.  Can
you do that?
     SML/NJ does fine with the above, by the way.

  2) unicode identifiers

    val ρ = "ρ"

   I'd really like this, but I can live without it.

  3) unicode constructors

  datatype t = Θ of string

  this is just because I'm greedy.

I think I'd survive with just #1.