[MLton-user] Re: ML and embedded devices

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Mon Apr 19 20:10:38 PDT 2010

2010/4/19 Maurí­cio CA <mauricio.antunes at gmail.com>

> What is beeing used for testing right now is this:
>

> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=BEEKIT_WIRELESS_CONNECTIVITY_TOOLKIT
>
> Resources are pretty limited (126 + 90 KB of RAM, if I made the
> right sums).

I've used MLton-built apps on mips routers with 8MB of RAM, but 210KB is
quite a bit less. One of the problems you will face is that MLton
executables are quite large. In fact, hello world is probably already 210KB
when you factor in gmp. So, I'd have to say that with that low memory, MLton
is not going to work. Scale it up to 1MB and then it might be ok.