[MLton-user] Problems building on Snow Leopard

Sam Rushing sam at rushing.nightmare.com
Mon Feb 22 17:48:56 PST 2010

I've just come up against the same problem.  I'm running 10.6.2.

I fixed the gmp problem thus:

When installing gmp via macports, make sure to include the "+universal"
option, this will build a library containing both 64 and 32-bit support.

Next, if you're like me you'll have a version of libgmp in
/usr/local/lib as well, in order to avoid this I changed the following
line in /usr/local/bin/mlton:

        -link-opt '-lm -lgmp'

        -link-opt '-lm -L/opt/local/lib/ -lgmp'

In order to force the library search path.

I haven't yet tried to bootstrap, that'll be next.

-Sam