[MLton-user] new release of MLton

Matthew Fluet matthew.fluet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 11:46:00 PDT 2010

We are pleased to announce a new release of MLton, the whole-program
optimizing compiler for Standard ML, available at
http://mlton.org/Release20100608.  MLton version 20100608 is the first
public release since 20070826.

The major improvements are:

  + Numerous bug fixes for compiler, runtime, and Basis Library implementation.
  + New platforms: {ARM,Alpha,HPPA,IA64,S390}/Linux (Debian),
AMD64/Darwin, IA64/HPUX, PowerPC64/AIX
  + Experimental support for compiling to a C library.

Binary packages for amd64-darwin, amd64-linux, x86-cygwin, x86-darwin,
and x86-linux are currently available from the release page.
Additional binary packages will be made available as they are
contributed by users.  We'd like to encourage downstream maintainers
for the various Linux and *BSD distributions to update to the new
release.

Many thanks to those who have contributed to MLton over this (long)
release cycle.  Future contributions are always welcome.

For more information, go to the MLton home page.

  http://mlton.org/

Enjoy!
-- The MLton Team