[MLton-user] mlton and emacs flymake mode

Vesa Karvonen vesa.a.j.k at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 01:22:14 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Michael Norrish
<Michael.Norrish at nicta.com.au> wrote:
> Has anyone tried using mlton as a syntax-checker for emacs' flymake mode?

I haven't tried flymake mode, but I wrote a background build mode
(http://mlton.org/EmacsBgBuildMode) for a roughly similar purpose.  (I
wasn't aware of flymake mode at the time.)  I use it all the time on
projects that I'm working on in multiple languages.  Not mentioned on
the page (yet - I'll add it there), but it also (optionally)
highlights (error/warning) message locations, so it works quite nicely
as a kind of syntax checker.

-Vesa Karvonen