[MLton-user] Invoking multiple MLton compiled libraries from the same process

Nicolas Bertolotti Nicolas.Bertolotti at mathworks.fr
Wed May 4 12:27:15 PDT 2011

Hi,

It seems to be possible to build multiple libraries using MLton and run them from the same process (at least, it works on my very small example).

Anyway, each library embeds its own MLton runtime and the initialization routine starts its own instance of the GC. As a consequence, at the execution, we get multiple heaps which are all allocated in the same virtual address space.

I would like to be able to share the instance of the GC between the libraries.

I guess this requires some modifications in MLton, at least to separate the MLton runtime from the library itself and rework the initialization routine but I am wondering whether there are some other impacts that I have not identified which would make it much more complex than that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Nicolas