[MLton-user] Re: MLton signal handling broken on Windows (was: CML and foreign code)

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Tue Oct 4 10:29:19 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Ivan Tomac <ivan.tomac at gmail.com> wrote:
> The preemptive threads example from http://mlton.org/MLtonThread
> sometimes works and sometimes crashes (I've just counted 10 runs and
> had 2 success messages and 8 crashes).

I can't reproduce this with MLton 20100608 on Windows 7 x64.
Unfortunately, I do not have XP anymore.

However, I wrote that threading code under windows XP x86, so I expect
it would work there as well...

Perhaps you are running some sort of virus scanner or rootkit or some
other application which loads DLLs into other processes? Or bad
memory? Do you have an unusual version of Windows that I might never
have used MLton on?