[MLton-user] CML and foreign code

Ivan Tomac ivan.tomac at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:27:46 PDT 2011

Are there any known issues or guidelines on using CML with foreign code?

I had previously ran into problems with that in SML/NJ under OS X and
raised a bug report but MLton code seemed to be running fine. Until I
tried running it on Windows where it now crashes, unless I comment out
the CML code. The workaround that had worked with SML/NJ, which was to
mask off the alarm signal didn't work in MLton. I also tried the
doAtomic functions from cml/util/critical.sml, that didn't fix it
either.

It's possible this is a different problem and that perhaps I have a
bug in my C code. Can't tell for sure yet, will debug this later and
try to narrow things down to a trivial example.
But before I do that I'm just wondering if there are any known issues
or rules I may not be aware of?

Ivan