[MLton-user] Re: MLton signal handling broken on Windows (was: CML and foreign code)

Ivan Tomac ivan.tomac at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:08:33 PDT 2011

I've done some more testing and it appears the problem is not specific
to foreign code. MLton's signal handling is broken under Windows.
I've tested both the very latest version out of SVN built with gcc
4.6.1 as well as the Mingw binary distribution release 20100608 from
mlton.org, both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

The preemptive threads example from http://mlton.org/MLtonThread
sometimes works and sometimes crashes (I've just counted 10 runs and
had 2 success messages and 8 crashes).
As far as I can tell the non-preemptive threads example works every
time and the main difference between them is signal handling code.