Team PLClub ICFP entry -- comparing the performance of OCAML and SML

José Romildo Malaquias romildo@urano.iceb.ufop.br
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:28:08 -0200

Hello.

Below as an extract from a mesage that recently appeared
on comp.lang.ml:

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 02:31:29PM -0700, Stephen Weeks wrote:

> As an experiment to compare the performance of compilers for OCAML =
and SML, I
> translated the PLClub ICFP entry from OCAML to SML.  I compared the =
performance
> of the executable in the PLClub distribution to the SML version =
compiled by
> MLton and by SML/NJ.  Here are the running times in seconds for some =
of the
> contest examples.
>
> [...]
>
> Details:
>
> [...]
>
> * The MLton version was 20001004.
                          ^^^^^^^^
My question is, what is the latest version of
MLton? In its home page I found version 20000906.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <romildo@iceb.ufop.br>
Departamento de Computação