Unable to install MLton

Antonio Eduardo Costa Pereira costa@ufu.br
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 13:11:16 -0300

Dear Stephen Weeks
I followed Henry's suggestion, which was to check
Slackware's swap partition. I asked Prof. Jamil to
verify what was going on with the partion, and he
discovered that I had not given the system permission
to write on it. Therefore, it was like not having a
swap partition at all. I changed the permissions,
and now MLton is working flawlessly. Thanks for
your kind pacience with people who, like myself,
don't know much about computers, compilers and operating
systems. Tomorrow, I will start porting a large
Egyptology program from MLj to MLton. Except for
the graphic interface, the porting should be
straightforward, and I hope that the program will
be at least ten times faster in MLton.

Yours Sincerely

Eduardo Costa