Array2 bug murder :)

Stephen Weeks MLton@sourcelight.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:05:34 -0800 (PST)

> I seem to have found a bug in Array2 in MLton.
> This code wouldn't typecheck (I got a Unify Con error):

> an array when it should have returned a vector.
> Is this a known bug or a new one? :)
>
> I'm still using my modified version
> of 1999-7-12 (on native Linux).

That bug got fixed somewhere between 1999-7-12 and 20000906.  There were a lot
of basis library bugs fixed in that time period, especially type errors, because
I wrote a script that transforms the basis library sources so that they can be
run through the SML/NJ type checker.  So, if you switch to a later version, you
should hopefully never run into the situation again where you encounter a type
error in the basis library code.

Thanks for the bug report.